The Ardent Gardener Landscape Design and Project Coordination
Creative Landscape Planning and Design Services
A successful garden has a distinct atmosphere. It can provide drama, excitement, relaxation, contemplation, and playfulness. It should be inspiring, and create a mood through light and reflection, color, texture, form and scale. A good design will deliberately define space, play with a relationship between nature and art, and create a strong connection to the natural world. Our designs can include patios, decks, wakways, pools, spas, walls, hillside retention, unique water and fire features, herb and vegetable gardens, chicken coops, lighting, and plantings. We can help with container plantings, furniture, and garden decoration.
The Ardent Gardener Landscape Design
• Provides a quality, professional, personal level of service
• Integrates the home to the site, and the site to its surroundings
• Deliberately defines usable space
• Provides creative, unique designs with attention to detail*
• Extends living space by creating outdoor “living” rooms
• Creates beautiful gardens for all four seasons
• Is sensitive to the idea of sustainable, environmentally sound landscapes
• Designs enticing places to dine and relax, and paths that define and invite
• Utilizes plants that delight and surprise
• Works to discover your needs and desires to create a garden you will love to be in
Concept Plan (See sample plan )
This design is prepared for client based on in-depth interviews and extensive site analysis. This is a scaled drawing indicating all features of the landscape in plan view. Perspective sketches may be drawn to help visualize various design features. At this stage, planting areas are indicated, though plants are not specified.
Master Plan (See sample plan )
Upon approval of the Concept Plan, the Master Plan will be prepared which includes changes, if any, to the Concept Plan. This plan will indicate materials, construction notes, a planting plan with legend, and other necessary design development drawings. This is a detailed, scaled drawing.
Project Coordination to ensure that the quality of the project is maintained and design intent is met during installation of the landscape is encouraged. This service includes obtaining of bids from qualified contractors, preparation of a spread sheet comparing bids line item by line item, layout of landscape, site changes as necessary, plant placement, substitution of plant material if necessary, procuring of containers and other garden art, and availability to answer questions regarding the landscape design during the installation.